Washington Post Endorses Merdon
Posted by David Keelan on Sunday, October 22, 2006
Two down and one to go…
Here are some bullet points
- Chris Merdon has the credentials to lead the county (my personal favorite)
- County Council Chairman Christopher J. Merdon (R) is our choice over council member Ken Ulman (D) (that is the only mention Mr. Ulman receives)
- Mr. Merdon is best equipped to tackle the challenges of change, by virtue of experience, temperament and outlook.
- an ability to work across party lines
- he brings a nuanced philosophy
- he has some good ideas on how to restore public confidence.
- reasonable when it comes to taxes
- His campaign is noteworthy for the level of detail he is providing to voters about what he would do if elected Nov. 7.
What is Ken Ulman’s response? This morning he posted the three special interest endorsements that he has managed to secure so far in this campaign. He is not distinguishing between the Washington Post endorsement and the Baltimore Sun endorsement, and special interest endorsements. They are not the same.
The Washington Post and Baltimore Sun are different in that they have a perspective and an interest on behalf of the entire community not just one special interest.
I am going out on a limb here. It is great and very important that Merdon got these two major endorsements. However, I think the endorsement that is really important is the Howard County Times. I hope I don’t end up eating my hat on this one. I don’t know when they are endorsing, but the first person to email me and take me up on it I will buy you a Guinness if Merdon doesn’t get the Ho Co Times endorsement.*
* employees of the Patuxent Press, it’s parent company, editorial board, or relatives are not eligible.