HoCo Council Public Hearing, Monday Sept 17th @ 6:30 PM
Posted by Ed C on Saturday, September 8, 2007
The Howard County Council hearing will begin an hour early, starting at 6:30 PM to accommodate a full schedule. The full agenda can be seen here. Excluding a slew of appointments, the are 15 items on the agenda including:
- Green neighborhood requirements. (116-2007)
- New Town Zoning – Height limits (ZRA-79, ZRA-83) – Mary Kay Sigaty’s bills to retroactively apply height limits to the 23-story Plaza Tower.
- Horse Park Task Force (114-2007) – Introduced by Greg Fox and Courtney Watson to create a 90 day task force to study the issues with creating a horse park in HoCo.
- Full-time firearms investigator (No. 3- Fiscal 2008)
- Soil and Water testing for golf course development (60-2007)
The council is prepared to continue testimony the next afternoon, but don’t worry according to Chairman Calvin Ball (from the Baltimore Sun):
“We’ve done an exercise in planning and forethought that will facilitate an open process,”
So, even making allowances for Chairman Ball to withdraw any of the three bills that he has introduced, you may want to plan for a long night and set aside Tuesday afternoon to boot.
The list of appointments is below the fold.
|Stephanie W. Bowling, Ph.D||Board of Social Services|
|Ulysses M. Currie||Board of Social Services|
|Kevin J. Doyle||Board of Library Trustees|
|Stacie Hunt Irish||Board of Library Trustees|
|Jennifer R. Smith||Commission for Women|
|Patricia Rynn Sylvester||Housing and Community Development Board|
|Catherine Ward||Board of Directors of the Economic Development Authority|
|Walinda P. West||Board of Social Services|
|Erin M. Yun||Commission for Women|
|Jean L. Daniello||Commission on Disability Issues|
|Joyce Lehrer||Adult Public Guardianship Review Board|
|Sue Song, Ph.D.||Board of Health|
|Nikki Young||Adult Public Guardianship Review Board|
|Maurice Bellan||Public Ethics Commission|
|Rondra Marcelli, R.N.||Adult Public Guardianship Review Board|
|Richard L. Cohen||Commission on Disability Issues|
|Leonora K. Hoenes||Board of Library Trustees|
|Jeffrey M. Levitt||Board of Social Services|
|Heidi Page||Commission on Disability Issues|
|Robert W. Sheesley||Board of Health|